Monday, September 22, 2008

 

Fiction Workshop Available

Notes from the Bell Tower
News from Gargoyle Magazine/Paycock Press/ and Richard Peabody
Message from Hildie Block, former student and old friend of Richard's:

Are you, or someone you know, working on a book? I have 1 more space in my Workshop Your Book, yearlong writer's workshop. The group meets to discuss novels and memoirs, Monday evenings 7:30-10 pm in N. Arlington at Ft C F Smith. We meet about 30 times over about 10 months (we take breaks after about 8 sessions). This is the third year I've offered this group and it's amazing to watch people fulfill their dreams and complete a draft in that time.

Most workshops are only 8 sessions long, and people are limited to workshopping about 50 pages in that time. This workshop gives you the opportunity to workshop 200+ pages! And the bonds formed between folks last . . . both of my previous groups have stayed together to support each other through subsequent drafts!

In addition to workshopping, we'll chat about everything from plot structures to dialogue, agents to publishers.

The cost for the whole year is $750, payable through check or paypal.

(and who am I? I have a masters in writing from Johns Hopkins and have taught writing at American and GWU as well as given lectures at JHU. I currently lead several writing workshops through the Writer's Center www.writer.org . My book Not What I Expected: the unpredictable road from womanhood to motherhood was released in 2007, and I have had over 50 short stories published.)

Please email me with questions!

Hildie Block
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^ *^*^*^*
Want my advice on writing?
HildieBlog.livejournal

Hildie S. Block
hsblock@verizon.net

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?