Wednesday, April 18, 2007

 

Thoughts of VA TECH-Part II---Too Close to Home Even in Texas

Who would have thought that one's parents and their neighbors on the street would be confined to their homes from 3 am to about nearly 11 am on Tuesday morning due to threats made with a weapon.

I had no clue my parents were traumatized but safe until I called today. The street they live on was restricted until a SWAT team and some 20 cars with about 25 police convinced a 47 year old and a 29 year old to vacate their home after one of them assaulted a victim some 4 miles from the area and then confined themselves in the house not far from my parents' house.

My mother told me that the police told them to stay away from the windows and doors and if they heard any gun shots to lie on the floor and to stay in their home until told they could leave their home.

Fortunately, the standoff ended without any fatalities but my mother says she did hear some gun shots. After seeing what happened in Blacksburg on TV my elderly parents were notably scared. This was simply too close to home and for their own comfort.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?